What happens if I travel with my Class 3 Firearms regularly?

An individual may submit ATF Form 5320.20, to temporarily or permanently transport his firearm in interstate commerce.  The ATF will approve this form for up to one year as long as the individual is going back and forth to the same location.  In that way the individual does not have to ask for permission every time they wish to move the firearm in interstate commerce.  There is a place on the form to indicate whether the move is permanent or temporary; the 5320.20 may not be used to transfer title and the ATF will check to see if the State indicated allows for the possession of the type of firearm to be transported.

If you have a question about class 3 firearms ownership, possession, or transfer please Contact a Gun Trust Lawyer®.

Posted in:

Comments are closed.

Contact Information