What happens if I move before taking possession of Class 3 firearms?

In the rare event that you change states between the time you send in your form 4 transfer tax and the time it is approved you must void the original transfer and make a new application from the state you moved to.  If it is purchase by an individual, you must also obtain a new law enforcement signature prior to resubmitting the forms.  The ATF is able to use the transfer funds from the previous transfer and the fingerprint cards as long as the dealer that voids the transfer contacts the ATF prior to sending in the void and requests that they use the same fee and not refund the money.

This may be a good opportunity to evaluate the additional benefits that a NFA firearms Trust offer
over individual ownership.  For more information Contact a NFA Trust Lawyer.

Posted in:

Comments are closed.

Contact Information