How to transfer Magazines to your Gun Trust

Yes that’s right, in states where it is still legal, you should transfer your high-capacity magazines to your Gun Trust as soon as possible. Given that some states like Colorado, New York, and Maryland have recent passed legislation that will or has limited the ability to transfer certain firearms and magazines those of you who still have the opportunity to transfer your magazines should take advantage of it.

In most states you can simply list the number, brand (if known), caliber, and number of bullets they hold on one of our assignment sheets that come with the trust. There it does not matter if you do not have the make, model, and serial number of a magazine as many do not have this information at this time. Just list what you know e.g. ( 25 Magpul 30 round 556 magazines, 8 metal 30 round 556 magazines).

If you live in Colorado, please continue reading
In Colorado, there is some uncertainty as to whether a Trust will be able to possess a High Capacity Magazine after July 1, 2013 and as such we recommend using the special Magazine Assignment that was created for this specific purpose by our a Colorado Gun Trust Lawyer®.

If you have one of our Professional Trusts this will be made available free of charge by your Colorado Gun Trust Lawyer® by contacting them. If you have one of our other Gun Trusts they will be made available at $95. Remember that all magazine transfers in the state of Colorado must be done prior to July 1, 2013 or the transfers will not be permitted.


Contact Information