We have updated the forms on the website and instructions for completing a
- Form 1 see https://www.GunTrustLawyer.com/form1
- Form 4 see https://www.GunTrustLawyer.com/form4
- Form 5 see https://www.GunTrustLawyer.com/form5
- Form 23 see https://www.GunTrustLawyer.com/form23
These are the forms to use after July 12th, Form 1, Form 4, Form 5, Form 23
ALL APPLICATIONS POSTMARKED AFTER JULY 12, 2016 MUST BE MAILED TO THE ADDRESS BELOW:
P.O. Box 530298
Atlanta, GA 30353-0298
Since the forms change from time to time, we recommend that you download the latest samples of the documents and explanations of what information is required and how to complete a Form 4 or Form 1. These documents are kept up to date and can be found on the NFA Gun Trust Lawyer website at: https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/form4.
Since 41F has been implemented, there are documents that must be sent to the CLEO as well as documents to be sent to the ATF. While there is no CLEO certification anymore, the CLEO does receive a notice that a purchase is being made.
Below are some updated instructions to use with our trusts or those trusts that contain the Gun Trust Lawyer ® trademark
The Following Documents are sent to your CLEO:
- The CLEO Copy of the BATFE Form 4. If you use the current copy of the Form 4 or Form 1, it will generate 3 copies. The third copy will state CLEO Copy at the bottom of the pages.
- The CLEO copy of the BATFE Form 5320.23 for each responsible person. The ATF has interpreted 41F to define a responsible person as anyone who can manage, or possess the trust property. With our trusts the 5320.23 only needs to be completed for the Trustees of the Trust at the time of the application. This would include any Co-Trustees, Managing Trustees, Limited Purpose Trustees, and Short Term Trustees, but not any Trustees that have been removed, successor Trustees, or Beneficiaries.
This Following Documents are sent to the ATF:
- A photocopy of the trust (the first document in this package—approximately 18 pages).
- The Assignment Page (the last document in this package). It cannot be blank: write $10 or the NFA items you are transferring on it before submitting the page
- Any Amendments to the Trust that have been signed. Amendments that have not been signed by all parties do not need to be submitted as they are not in effect.
- Both The ATF Copy and ATF Copy 2 that is generated from the current ATF Form 4 (4) or Form 1 (5320.1). – which must be printed as a double-sided document and signed in Blue or Black ink.
- Your check for the tax ($200 or $5 for an AOW on a Form 4 or $200 for a Form 1).
- An Original Form 5320.23 (National Firearms Act Responsible Person Questionnaire) from all Responsible Persons (all active Trustees). On each 5320.23 you should affix 1 Passport Photo on 3e (do not staple) and 2 Original FBI Form FD-258 fingerprint cards for each Responsible Person.
- A check for $200 or payment information on your completed Form 1 or Form 4.