On May 14th, 2008, Georgia’s Governor Sonny Perdue signed legislation which will strengthen Georgia’s current right to Carry laws. This legislation will
- allow licensed permit holders to possess a firearm in any private motor vehicle, while on any publicly accessible parking lot;
- prohibit gun dealer entrapment schemes like those orchestrated by New York Mayor Bloomberg;
- allow concealed carry permit holders to carry in State Parks, recreation areas, wildlife management areas, and public transportation;
- create a stricter time limit for various stages of the concealed carry license application process; and
- allow concealed carry permit holders to carry in restaurants.