The ATF National Firearms Act (NFA) Branch is pleased to announce that as of July 2011, ATF Forms 1, 2, 10 and ATF Form 5320.20 will be assigned to a legal instruments examiner for processing according to the State of the applicant's address. The NFA Branch also will begin assigning ATF Forms 3, ATF Form 4 and 9 applications to examiners by the State of the transferor's address. Applications already pending at the time of the change will continue to be processed by the examiner to whom they were previously assigned. Historically, applications in the NFA Branch have been assigned to legal instruments examiners alphabetically based on the name of the transferor or applicant. A chart showing the new assignment distribution is below.
The ATF expects this change in the assignment of applications to better enable NFA examiners to develop State law expertise and more knowledgeably and effectively respond to our customers during an era of unprecedented and ever increasing application volume. Please contact the NFA Branch at 304-616-4500 with any questions about this change.
NFA Examiner Assignment Distribution (effective July 2011)
- Nicole Dudash -- IL, IN, OH, PA
- Chris Farris -- AK, CT, MA, ME, MI, NH, RI, VT
- Ann Feltner -- AZ, CA, NM, NV
- Jason Frushour -- CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, WI, WY
- Sara Jones -- LA, TX
- Albert Lamberger -- AL, FL, TN
- Dana Pickles -- DE, KY, MD, NC, NJ, NY, VA, WV
- Suzanne Santamaria -- GA, SC
- William Shipman -- AR, HI, IA, KS, MN, MO, MS, NE, OK
- Sandra Snook --ID, OR, WA