January 2009 Archives
When planning for the unknown event or set of circumstances we need to treat a Silencer, SBR, SBS, or Machine Gun differently than a picture on the wall. Quicken if used properly can properly transfer a picture, couch, CD, or most typical assets, but is not setup to inform our yet to be identified survivors on how to deal with issues like the NFA, ATF, Title II firearms, or Form 4 transfers.
Each person's needs are unique and a properly drafted NFA trust will be customized for that person and their family.
Dick Heller and two other plaintiffs filed suits against the District of Columbia's revised gun laws. The complaint challenges the following provisions of D.C. law:
- The ban on all self-loading handguns (about 3/4 of handguns sold in the U.S.) by defining them as "machine guns."
- Allowing registration only upon the payment of an unspecified fee for ballistic testing of the handgun.
- The self-defense provision in the D.C. law which allows a gun in the home to be loaded, unlocked, and rendered functional only "while it is being used to protect against a reasonably perceived threat of immediate harm to a person within the registrant's home." The exception is too narrow, and burdens the right of self-defense.
- The complaint further alleges that the aforesaid provisions are not only violations of the Second Amendment, they exceed the non-infinite home rule powers which Congress delegated to the District's city council.
There are some other problems with the new D.C. law. Handgun possession is allowed only for a person who wants the handgun for home defense; it is illegal in D.C. to acquire a handgun for recreational target shooting, to practice marksmanship before enrolling in the military or joining a police department, or for lawful hunting Maryland or Virginia. The only time that a gun can be unlocked is when it being used for self-defense against an immediate attack; accordingly, it is illegal to remove the lock from an unloaded gun in order to clean the gun. The problem would be resolved by the requested relief of enjoining all enforcement of the gun lock law against defensive firearms.
Attorneys in the case are Stephen Halbrook and Richard Gardiner, of Fairfax, Virginia. They both been involved in firearms law and policy for three decades, and they are excellent lawyers. Halbrook has a 4-0 record as lead counsel in Supreme Court cases.
Although Heller and his team funded the original litigation on their own they have set up a foundation to help fund this litigation.
The inside of the safe is lighted and rotates for easy access to the firearm or item of choice.
Some of the features are:
- Hassle-free access makes cleaning your guns a breeze
- No gun is an obstacle... you're always one gun away
- Less handling improves gun condition
- Unique revolving design makes storing simple
- More guns in less space
- The only safe built with the pistol collector in mind:
- Original pistol shelving technology
- Accommodates large pistol collections
- Effortlessly show off your collection without ever touching a gun
They have several sizes and expect to be shipping later this year.
If you are looking for a great gun safe you should check out their products at Pendletonsafes.com
Safetybulllet.com Now, for the first time in history, you can have a safety device that works when your gun is unloaded or loaded. More importantly, it allows you to make your gun ready to fire faster than any other safety device made. It takes less than 1 second to remove the Safety Bullet® and load a lethal round!! ONE SECOND! Yet, if your child finds your firearm and pulls the trigger, if you have a Safety Bullet® installed, your gun will just become instantly disabled. There is nothing else like this in the market place, nothing!! It's fast, easy, fast, simple, fast, and safe.
Advantages of the Safety Bullet
1. Easy to load!
2. Easy to remove!
3. Loads and unloads in the blink of an eye!
4. Keeps unauthorized users from firing your gun!
5. Makes your firearm ready to fire faster than any other Patented Safety Device in the world!
6. To anyone looking at your gun it looks like there is no safety device on it, because there isn't one. This device is not on your gun it is IN your gun.
7. For less that $ 25.00 you can protect your family and yourself from an Accidental Shooting!
Remember, although Quicken can be used to create a trust - the resulting trust is not appropriate for NFA items. There are many problems with these trusts and compliance with state laws. For an example of the problems with Quicken 2009 you might read
The Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade Show and Conference (SHOT Show) is the largest and most comprehensive trade show for all professionals involved with the shooting sports and hunting industries. It is the world's premier exposition of combined firearms, ammunition, archery, cutlery, outdoor apparel, optics, camping and related products and services. The SHOT Show attracts buyers from all 50 states and more than 75 countries. The SHOT Show is owned and sponsored by the National Shooting Sports Foundation and is produced and managed by Reed Exhibitions.
The 2009 Show
January 15-18, 2009 - Orange County Convention Center
As a result in the unprecedented demand for the ATF Forms 4473 (5300.9) part I which was revised in August 2008 is running low on inventory. To address this shortage ATF has posted a notice on its Web site authorizing a temporary measure of allowing FFL's to photocopy form 4473 in its entirety.
Of course, an option is to use the electronic form, E-4473, available from the ATF.gov Web site.